The first installment of Disney Dissected is here! After a brief introduction, JoJo & Andrew take an in-depth look at the challenges faced by the studio in making their first-ever animated feature, and examine just why it works so well. Topics discussed include Snow White’s enthusiasm for makeouts, the Witch’s penchant for Batman-style villainy, and just what exactly the dwarfs do for a living in the Queen’s economy. Plus, a listener question reminds us of the Xtreme ‘Tude of Brink!
- Here’s the 1916 silent Snow White that inspired Walt in its entirety.
- The Old Mill, the first short to utilize the Multiplane Camera
- The Goddess of Spring, the studio’s first experiment with realistic humans
- Wikipedia’s entry for Brink!
- Follow JoJo on Twitter and Tumblr!
- Follow Andrew on Twitter and Tumblr!
- Check out everything else JoJo does on her website!
- If you want to make a comment or ask a question about this episode, or about the subject of our next episode (The Aristocats), email us at email@example.com!
HEY, EVERYBODY. OUR PODCAST IS HERE!!